Face mists…aren’t they simply fancy water? They are, after all, water-based, yet they provide so much more. Face mists not only freshen your skin but also hydrate it when it needs it and revitalize your senses. We met down with several of our specialists to see what all the excitement is about.
What is a face Hydrating Mist?
Face mists, unlike mineral or thermal water, include skin-nourishing elements and botanicals. Consider it a toner, as it closes pores, refreshes skin, and prepares your face for the next stage in your skincare routine. Surface skin is softened with a few spritzes of a face mist, bringing nutrients and hydration to the top layers of the skin. Consider your skin as a dry sponge. A sponge must be damp to absorb moisture. Your skin is the same way.
Face Mist, Thermal Water, Toner, Essence, and Setting Spray: What’s the Difference?
Face mists have been increasingly popular in recent years, and there is an increasing number of products to select from. Even if you spray them on; they often go by different names, such as toner or essence. Is it possible that they’re all the same thing?
Certainly not! Here’s how to tell them apart.
- Face mist vs. thermal water: Thermal water is a type of face spray that is based on water (and with a higher mineral content than regular water, which helps with dryness and irritation). In addition to water, face mists contain humectants and emollient chemicals.
- Face mist vs. toner: After washing your face, use toner to remove any remnants of the cleanser and prepare your skin for moisturizer. Whereas, Mist is more nutritious and can be applied at any time of day. However, moisturizing toners, which are similar to hydrating mists, are becoming more popular.
- Face mist vs. essence: Essence is a sort of liquid serum that you apply with your fingertips and usually has a watery consistency. It’s made to go underneath moisturizers to offer an extra layer of moisture, and it’s filled with more concentrated nutrients than a mist. Mist is even lighter, typically containing more water, and can be applied at any moment during your skincare or cosmetics process.
- Setting spray vs. face mist: Setting spray is a makeup product, not a skincare product, and it contains film-formers (synthetic polymers) that help keep makeup in place. Mist is designed with skin-friendly elements that help makeup look more natural rather than adding to its staying power. There are, however, some new hybrid items on the market that combine the best of both worlds.
How to use a Beleza hydrating mist?
In the morning, lightly spray the face and neck. Reapply as needed throughout the day. Patch testing is recommended for persons with sensitive skin to verify there is no reaction.
Benefits of using Beleza Hydrating mist:
- Refreshes your skin: Face mist is the fastest-ever skin reviver, which goes without saying. On a sweltering day, after a yoga session, or whenever you hit that midday lull at work, spritzing your face feels cool and refresh.
- Instantly hydrates: When you spray on a face mist packed with extra moisturizing elements throughout the day, it can help hydrate your skin. A mist, unlike multiple applications of moisturizer, won’t smear your makeup!
- Seals in extra moisture: Layering one or more applications of face mist in between your skincare and makeup processes is another technique to boost your skin’s moisture. For example, mist between cleanser and serum, before and after moisturizer, or primer and makeup (allowing a few moments for it to absorb after every spritz). With the product you apply on top of each step, you’re sealing in the moisture. As a result, your skin will appear plumper and dewier.
- Boosts the absorption of other products: Damp skin absorbs things like a sponge, absorbing them quickly. So, if you want to get the most out of your lotions, creams, and face oils, apply them over a coating of face mist. They’ll go deeper into your skin, delivering more of the therapeutic chemicals. Masks will glide on more smoothly and settle in more easily if your skin is moist rather than dry.
- Dilute other products: Sometimes a product simply does not work. The consistency may be too thick, the texture is too dense, or the finish is too opaque. You can use face mist to make your DIY cosmetics, such as turning cream into a lotion or turning a foundation into a transparent tint. So are face mists necessary?
Okay, it’s not as important as cleansing and sunscreen application. But the mist is a quick and easy way to hydrate your skin while also helping your makeup last longer. The key is to pick and apply your mist carefully, ensuring it’s made with high-quality components and applied at the appropriate time in your beauty routine. (The general rule is to use a more occlusive moisturizer with humectants-based mists to prevent moisture loss.)
Aside from its versatility, the quick gratification factor is one of the favorite aspects of face mist. With just one spritz, your skin appears dewier, plumper, and brighter. The beautiful thing about facial mists is that they aren’t permanent. You can reapply them over and over again!
Use a face spray that suits your skin type to re-energize your skin and senses. Visit our website to purchase our merchandise.